Dr Tarik Al-Kubaisy
Consultant Psychiatrist and the Medical Director of KTF Medic Ltd and the Well Centre
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” (World health Organisation 1946)
Tarik has been:
- General adult Consultant Psychiatrist at Peter Hodgkinson Centre, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Honorary Senior lecturer at Hull, York Medical School (HYMS).
- Former Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Psychiatry in Baghdad University Medical College.
- Former for both Intensive Community Therapies and Community Therapy Teams, Sculthorpe, RDASH Foundation Trust (RDASH).
- Consultant Psychiatrist in Meadow View independent hospital and worked at Rampton Hospital with DSPD unit.
- Former Consultant Old age Psychiatrist at LPFT NHS Foundation Trust, Witham Court.
- On the Specialist register Specialist Registration with the General Medical Council (General Adult), Member of GMC, MDU, BMA, Iraqi Med Association, UAE (HAAD, MOH & DHA).
- Medical Appraiser, Clinical Supervisor of Junior Doctors.
- Expert witness for Medico-legal cases of Civil and Criminal Law in the UK.
- Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act 1983 (UK), as having special knowledge and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
- Trained in rTMS + CT at Nnx AD. (Harvard and Cleveland University Hospitals – USA).
- The first doctor to introduce and use rTMS + CT for AD in the UK.
Dr Al-Kubaisy was born in Kirkuk, Iraq in 1950 and has been awarded:
PhD in Psychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry and Faculty of Medicine, University of London in 1990; Dip Behavioural Psychiatry University of Vienna (1981), DPM (1981); and a Fellow of the American Medical Society/ Psychiatry - Vienna (1981); MB, ChB (1974).
Dr Tarik Al-Kubaisy has over 40 years experiences in psychiatry as a consultant general Adult, old age, forensic, psychotherapy, Medicolegal expert witness, Approved Clinician and S12 (2) Mental health Act provision, Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty trained psychiatrist. He has been an Academic; teaching, examining, supervising under- and postgraduates (Medical, Psychology, Nursing and social services; Master, PhD, and equivalents). He is involved in research in different fields of psychiatry and clinical psychology. He has a wide interest and experiences in Behavioural Psychotherapy, and Forensic (High secure, DSPD and Low Secure), General Adult Psychiatry. He has been leading clinician in both the traditional “In and Out-patient services” and the new ways of working in the community with Intensive Community, Community Therapies, Recovery, Early intervention and Assertive Out Reach teams.
He has been certified as Medico-legal Expert Wittiness for Civil and Criminal Law in the UK. He has a special interest in cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy, traumatic and PTSD studies and research. He an EMDR psychotherapist and Principal Investigator at RDASH and trained undergraduate, & Postgraduate. He speaks fluent English and Arabic.
He has been trained on rTMS + CT for Alzheimer’s disease – USA (Nnx AD). Dr Al-Kubaisy has introduced rTMS + CT for the first time in the UK (The Well Centre).
He is the Medical Director of the CQC registered KTF Medic and The Well Centre.